Week 2 – assignment: appraise the merits of using the qualitative
Continue with the CITI training. This week’s readings and activities were introspective: you had to evaluate how your choice of a degree path and your worldview will affect your research. Now you will appraise the merits of qualitative research designs.
- Begin your paper with an overview of the value of qualitative research (1-2 cited paragraphs). Be sure to make the connection between the research problem and the qualitative approach.
- Determine if there is the potential to employ a mixed methods approach (1-2 cited paragraphs).
- Explain how your degree path informs your research approach (1-2 cited paragraphs).
- Based on your discovery of your worldview, share your thoughts about how this will affect your research (1-2 cited paragraphs).
- Justify and construct a theoretical or conceptual framework for the research problem; this section must be clearly written to ensure that the reader is seeing the proposed research through your framework.
- Include a brief discussion on how your degree type affected your framework selection.
Length: 3-5 pages.
References: Include a minimum of 5 scholarly sources; find 3 additional sources to support your framework.
Your written assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.