U6ip_psych | Psychology homework help
THIS ASSIGNMENT MUST BE 10 POWERPOINT SLIDES LONG
Assignment: You have been selected to participate in a leadership and management training program at work. Your first assignment in your program is to create a PowerPoint presentation on the topics of leadership and management. Your presentation must have a minimum of 10 slides and include some light talking points to help your audience follow your slides. Visual elements are definitely encouraged. Please discuss Parts I and II in your presentation.
Part I: Management
- Provide a formal definition of a team
- Provide a formal definition of management
- Create 2 fictional managers (1 strong and 1 weak). List 5 behaviors you would expect to see from each manager.
- What might your weaker manager do to become stronger?
- What might your stronger manager do to become stronger with time?
Part II: Leadership
- Provide a formal definition of a leader
- Provide a formal definition of leadership style
- Create 2 fictional leaders (1 positive and 1 negative). List 5 behaviors you would expect to see from each leader.
- What is the danger of a negative leader having influence over a group?
- How can a positive leader inspire others?
Please base your essay on Unit 6 course content, textbook, experience, and quality Internet materials. You must cite a minimum of two sources for this assignment. Sources must be properly cited using APA format.
Please submit your assignment.
Assignment: As a veteran member of your team at work, you have been asked to create and deliver a PowerPoint presentation for new employees. The topic is conflict and problem solving in the workplace. Your goal is to make the presentation informative and meaningful and to provide usable solutions and ideas for these new employees. Your presentation must have a minimum of 10 slides and include talking points to support your slides. Visual elements are encouraged. Please discuss Parts I, II, and III in your presentation.
Part I: Understanding conflict in the workplace
- Provide a formal definition of conflict
- Provide a list of 3 common types of workplace conflict
- Describe the source and reasons for these conflicts
Part II: Providing a meaningful example
- Describe a workplace conflict from a television show or movie.
- What problem-solving methods did the characters use to solve the conflict?
- How realistic were their methods? Were they true to life or more for entertainment? Please explain.
Part III: A take-away
- Create a tool for employees to use when they find themselves in a workplace conflict. Choose oneto discuss from the list below:
- Create a list of 3 questions to ask oneself when conflict arises and 3 helpful suggestions to help solve it
- Create a problem-solving flowchart that takes the employee from conflict to solution.
- Create a list of 3 helpful reading materials (from books or the Internet), and briefly describe why each is helpful.