Psych week 8 module | COUN 6220 – Psychology of Personality | Walden University
Module Assessment: Consultant to New Nation: Psychological Well-Being and Psychological Distress Policy Recommendation
For this Module 3 Assessment, you will finalize your Module Assessment for submission in which you examine a situation that includes making a policy recommendation based on your expertise as a psychological consultant to a newly discovered nation. Your recommendations will be included in a 5-page paper not including your title and reference page.
- Review the following situation:Imagine you are serving as a psychological consultant to a newly discovered nation of the world and you discover that most people in this nation are happy while some are distressed and suffering from psychological disorders or mental distress.
- Review and use any of the course Learning Resources to support this Module Assessment. You may also use any resources from your previous research for this course.
Assignment: (5 pages excluding title page and reference page)Part 1: Happiness and Well-Being (2 pages)Based on the situation provided and utilizing the course Learning Resources to support your thinking:
- Select and describe three influences on happiness and well-being that vary across cultures for your new nation.
- Explain why you think these three influences are critical to improving national well-being.
Part 2: Psychological Distress and Disorder (2 pages)Based on the situation provided and utilizing the course Learning Resources to support your thinking:
- Select and describe three influences on psychological distress and disorders that vary across cultures for your new nation.
- Explain why you think these three influences are especially significant for understanding the nation’s psychological distress.
Part 3: Policy Recommendation (1 page)Based on the situation provided and utilizing the course Learning Resources to support your thinking:
- Make three policy recommendations to reduce psychological distress and explain why.
- Make three policy recommendations for psychological well-being for this new nation and explain why.
Support your finding with references from the Learning Resources and your research.Support your Module Assessment by citing all resources in APA style, including those in the Learning Resources.
Colby, B. (2009). Is a measure of cultural well-being possible or desirable? In G. Mathews & C. Izquierdo (Eds.), Pursuits of happiness: Well-being in anthropological perspective (pp. 45–64). New York, NY: Berghahn Books. Credit Line: Pursuits of Happiness: Well-being in Anthropological Perspective, by Mathews, G.; Izquierdo, C. Copyright 2009 by Berghahn Books. Reprinted by permission of Berghahn Books via the Copyright Clearance Center.
Lomas, T. (2016). Towards a positive cross-cultural lexicography: Enriching our emotional landscape through 216 ‘intranslatable’ words pertaining to well-being. Journal of Positive Psychology, 11(5), 546–588.
Oishi, S. (2018). Culture and subjective well-being: Conceptual and measurement issues. In E. Diener, S. Oishi, & L. Tay (Eds.), Handbook of well-being. Salt Lake City, UT: DEF Publishers. DOI: nobascholar.com Retrieved from https://www.nobascholar.com/chapters/46/download.pdf
Suh, E. M., & Koo, J. (2009). Comparing subjective well-being across cultures and nations: The “what” and “why” questions. In M. Eid & R. J. Larsen (Eds.), The science of subjective well-being (pp. 414–427). New York, NY: Guilford Press. Credit Line: The Science of Subjective Well-Being by Eid, M.; Larson, R. J. (Eds). Copyright 2009 by Guilford Publications. Reprinted by permission of Guilford Publications via the Copyright Clearance Center.
Veenhoven, R. (2010). How universal is happiness? In E. Diener, J. F. Helliwell, & D. Kahneman (Eds.), International differences in well-being (pp. 328–350). New York, NY: Oxford University Press. Credit Line: International Differences in Well-Being, by Diener, J.; Helliwell, J. ; Kahneman, D. Copyright 2010 by Oxford University Press. Reprinted by permission of Oxford University Press via the Copyright Clearance Center.
Government.ae (2018). UAE Government: Happiness. Retrieved from https://government.ae/en/about-the-uae/the-uae-government/government-of-future/happiness