Managing organizational risk | Computer Science homework help
Term Paper: Managing Organizational Risk
Due Week 10 and worth 150 points
No longer than a decade ago, IT security professionals had to work hard to persuade organizational leaders about the importance of developing effective risk management plans. Nowadays, due to the plethora of cautionary tales that organizations history provide, business leaders are informed on the need to manage risk and understand the crucial role of an organization’s IT infrastructure on its ability to perform business.
A computer incident response team (CIRT) plan can help prepare organizations for incidents that might occur.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Describe the objectives and main elements of a CIRT plan.
- Analyze the manner in which a CIRT plan fits into the overall risk management approach of an organization and how it supports other risk management plans.
- Provide at least two (2) examples of how CIRT plans define the who, what, when, where, and why of the response effort.
- Analyze the manner in which the development of a CIRT plan enables management to adopt a more proactive approach to risk management. Include recommendations for remaining proactive in the continual improvement and update of CIRT plans.
- Infer on the evolution of threats over the last decade that organizations must now consider.
- Predict the evolution of regulatory requirements mandating risk management processes and plans.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.