How learning environment shapes personality
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read the webpage for the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB), the Harvey, Luiselli, & Wong, (2009) article, and review the APA’s Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct required for this week.
In your initial post:
- Applied behavior analysis is a rapidly growing area of learning psychology. Based on the information in the required web page and article, describe what you think it would be like to be an applied behavior analyst is a school setting.
- Analyze and describe how the APA’s Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct might affect the implementation of behavior modification principles.
- Examine the behavioral analysis approach to personality psychology and discuss whether personality shapes behavior or behavior shapes personality. Use evidence from the resources to support your statements.
- Evaluate the cultural implications of addressing and treating mental health issues in standardized school settings.
- Describe the benefits this type of approach might have for students.
Guided Response: Review several of your colleagues’ posts and respond to at least two of your peers by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week. You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful interactive discourse in this discussion.
- Based on the supporting information from the resources, did you colleague create a convincing argument regarding whether personality shapes behavior or behavior shapes personality?
- Even if you agree with your colleague’s statement(s), what evidence might you use to disprove his or her assertion(s)?
- What other ethical consideration(s) should your colleague address regarding behavior analysis applications?
- How would these and/or additional ethical considerations affect the treatment of mental health issues in standardized school settings?
Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST) on Day 7 of the week and respond to anyone who replies to your initial post.