Case study: mr. roth | Education homework help
Post-conferences are an integral part of the evaluation process. Collecting evidence during an observation is key when providing specific examples for the teacher’s continued growth.
For this assignment, read “Case Study: Mr. Roth.” Based on this scenario, write a 500–750 word summary answering the following questions:
Observation Reflection Questions:
- Which overt activities by Mr. Roth established a positive rapport with his students?
- How would you describe the classroom environment and climate?
- What instructional strategies were utilized during this lesson?
- Describe the student engagement strategies utilized by Mr. Roth and discuss their effectiveness.
- What strategies, if any, were used to differentiate instruction during this lesson?
- Identify the elements of this lesson that required students to use higher-order thinking skills.
- How did Mr. Roth use technology? Was it effective?
Post-Conference Preparation Questions:
- What questions might you ask Mr. Roth to determine his evaluation of the lesson?
- What positive feedback would you give Mr. Roth regarding this lesson? Why did you select to share this feedback?
- What constructive feedback would you give Mr. Roth for this lesson? Why did you select to share this feedback?
- In addition to the constructive feedback that you gave Mr. Roth, how might you suggest incorporating technology to enhance student engagement?
- What additional questions or comments might be appropriate for this post-conference?
Provide a minimum of three scholarly resources to support your feedback.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.