HEALTH, STRESS, AND COPING
In your career, you may find yourself working for an agency or organization that offers certain services, and you may be asked to design literature or marketing materials to promote these services in your community. For this assignment, you will create a brochure that addresses an area of stress. In the brochure, you will present professional information about the stress and how it impacts physical or mental health. You will look at ways that people can reduce the problems associated with the stress and recommend interventions and support your ideas with information from theory, concepts, or research in psychology.
Below are some ideas. You may choose one of these, but you are not required to select from this list if you have another area you would like to explore.
• Psychotropic medication and well-being.
• Lack of self-care.
• Poor nutrition on developmental or mental health.
• Effects of insomnia.
• Physical effects of drug abuse.
Use the Brochure Template [DOCX] or, if you prefer, this Alternate Format Template [DOCX] for this assignment. Keep in mind that whichever format you use, the information portion of the brochure should be succinct and fit the one-page format. In your brochure, include the following:
• Describe a common stressor and how it can impact physical or mental health.
• Use credible sources such as scholarly research articles or professional websites, such as Harvard Health, to support your description. Do not use popular blogs or other sources such as WebMD or Wikipedia.
• Recommend ways to reduce the effects of the stressor.
• Look at interventions that have been tested and proven effective in mitigating the problem.
• Support your ideas for reducing the stress with information from scholarly research or professional sources that provide evidence that the recommended interventions have been shown to reduce stress.
• For example, if you recommend an intervention such as yoga to address self-care, provide scholarly research that shows that yoga can reduce stress.
• Be sure that you organize the information to attract an audience and fit a brochure format.
Submit the completed brochure as your deliverable for the assignment.