Assignment 1: social performance, part 1 due week 4 and worth 250
Assume you are the new CEO of a medium-sized public corporation in your city. After reviewing the organization and its culture, you decide that the company’s social performance is good, but some changes should be made to help the company to improve in this area.
Write a 4-6 page paper in which you:
- Describe your company and analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles, and relationships.
- Recommend ways the stakeholders can influence the destiny of your business.
- Create a plan on how you would encourage stakeholders to form a coalition to help you achieve your goals. Include a discussion of the specific assistance you think the coalition could provide.
- Anticipate any challenges in encouraging stakeholders to form a coalition to help you achieve your goals and the steps you would take to overcome these challenges.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recommend ways stakeholders can influence the destiny of both business and society.
- Analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles, and relationships.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Click here to view the grading rubric.