All human behavior and interaction are open to study by social psychologists. Review the topic of social psychology, and discuss 1 of the ways that experts in this branch of psychology study human behavior, such as laboratory work, field study, quantitative research, and qualitative research.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- In your own words, how does social psychology differ from other branches of psychology? Explain and provide examples to support your argument.
- Which style do you find most interesting? Why?
- Describe the style and how it is used.
- What are 2 advantages of using the selected style? Explain.
- What are 2 disadvantages of using the selected style? Explain.
- In your opinion, what are most significant challenges faces by social psychologists? Explain.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?